Learn to program with Python in a fun and safe environment.
Python is a beginner-friendly programming language. The language is used in many industry applications like web development, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and much more.
Learning Python at a young age will set your child up for a world of opportunities in the future.
The students will learn:
- principles of the Python programming language
- to use professional coding editing tools
- to create Python programs from scratch
- problem solving skills
- collaboration skills
- how to debug
The club is suitable for students in Years 7 – 11.
Beginners and more advanced coders welcomed, including those studying for GCSE in computer science. Spaces are limited.
I’ve enjoyed coding club for the 8 years I did it, from Y3 to Y10. It has helped me in my Computer Science GCSE as Gicela made sure to teach elements of python that are on the curriculum, which provided me with the knowledge to take it even further in lessons.Year 10 GCSE student
Dates (Jan – Feb 2024)
- Wednesday 10th January
- Wednesday 17th January
- Wednesday 24th January
- Wednesday 31st January
- Wednesday 7th February
Wednesdays after school from 5:00 – 6:00pm at
This course is delivered in person.
- a laptop/desktop with audio and video
- cable and charger
- it is also recommended you install the latest version of a browser (Google Chrome, Edge or Safari)
- 5 sessions in person
- All materials are provided