This course is suitable for students primarily aged 9 – 12 years old, who love playing Minecraft and wish to learn how to program mini-games, automated builds, and change gameplay behavior in Minecraft.
Children will learn:
- programming concepts using Microsoft Code Builder
- computational thinking
- how to automate tasks in Minecraft with code
- problem solving and debugging
- how to collaborate with others
Dates (Sept-Oct 2021)
- Thursday 16th September
- Thursday 23rd September
- Thursday 30th September
- Thursday 7th October
- Thursday 14th October
After school from 4 – 5pm.
This course is delivered live online. You will need…
- a laptop/desktop with audio and video
- a good broadband connection
- it is also recommended you install the latest version of a browser (Google Chrome, Edge or Safari)
- Minecraft Educational Edition installed.
- Win10 or macOS operating systems are required.
- 5 live online lessons
- Access to a virtual classroom
- Access to lesson activity sheets
- Minecraft Educational license access