This course is suitable for students primarily aged 9 – 12 years old, who love playing Minecraft and wish to learn how to program mini-games, automat builds, and change gameplay behaviour in Minecraft. Suitable for beginners.
Children will learn:
- programming concepts using Microsoft Code Builder
- computational thinking
- how to automate tasks in Minecraft with code
- problem solving and debugging
- how to collaborate with others
Term 1 Dates
(Sep – Oct 2022)
- Thursday 15th Sep
- Thursday 22nd Sep
- Thursday 29th Sep
- Thursday 6th Oct
- Thursday 13th Oct
Online After school from 5 – 6pm.
This course is delivered through ‘live’ lessons online. You need…
- a laptop/desktop with audio and video
- a good broadband connection
- it is also recommended you install the latest version of a browser (Google Chrome, Edge or Safari)
- Minecraft Educational Edition installed.
- Win10 or macOS operating systems are required.
- 5 live online lessons
- Access to a virtual classroom
- Access to lesson activity sheets
- Minecraft Educational license access
Term 6 Dates (June 2022)
- Thursday 9th June
- Thursday 16th June
- Thursday 23rd June
- Thursday 30th June
After school from 5 – 6pm.