Wearable Tech workshop for secondary school students
Spring 2020 (during half term)
This workshop is designed to inspire students into the world of wearable technology. The students will design and make a wearable product using E-Textiles – a combination of electronics and textiles. The students will make a wearable item (badge, bracelet, etc) that they will design and make using electronic components, conductive thread and textiles.
- To learn about the design and development of a wearable product
- To understand basic electronic principles
- To understand about materials used in wearable technology products
- To create an electronic circuit using conductive thread
- To make a wearable product
- To understand the need for testing and debugging
All materials will be provided free of charge. The final wearable product can be taken home.
This workshop is suitable for secondary school students.
Where: North Somerset Library – place to be confirmed.
Time: 10am – 1pm (bring a water bottle as refreshments are not provided)
Registration: Registration will be open soon. The workshop is FREE of charge. Spaces are limited.
This workshop is offered free of charge with the support of The Institute of Engineering and Technology.
I am grateful to Portishead Library for providing the space.