This course is suitable for students who are in their first three years at secondary school, who have already coded in Scratch and now wish to learn how to make Arcade Games. The students will create games that can be played on the Meowbit – a console for Microsoft Makecode Arcade.
- learn how to code using Microsoft Makecode software
- make arcade games that can be played smart phones or the Meowbit
- learn new programming concepts
- develop their problem solving skills
- work collaboratively
- add to their digital skills
Dates (Sept-Oct 2021)
- Tuesday 14th September
- Tuesday 21st September
- Tuesday 28th September
- Tuesday 5th October
- Tuesday 12th October
After school from 5pm – 6pm.
This course is delivered live online. You need…
- a laptop/desktop with audio and video
- a good broadband connection
- it is also recommended you install the latest version of a browser (Google Chrome, Edge or Safari)
- 5 online live lessons.
- Access to a virtual classroom
- Access to lesson activity sheets